Monday, January 5, 2009

Lord of the Sabbath

Reading Luke chapter 6 this morning. The sabbath was very legalistic for the scribes and the Pharisees. They would challenge Jesus when he would perform miracles on the day.

The Sabbath is to be a day of rest, and we are told to remember it. Well, I usually do projects or other work like clean the house on Saturday. I don't really see this as honoring to God. So I'm struggling a bit to apply and be obedient to God's word. Any suggestions? Do I need to just do it and stop doing so much work on Saturday and make the projects more occasional. I probably have time for Saturday to truly be a day of rest. I guess I should look more up on the Sabbath and try to really understand it. Comments on this would be appreciated.

Memory Verses:
Rom 12:1 is memorized, so now it is time to get John 14:21. So on Wednesday we should switch to the next weeks verses, 2 Tim 3:16 (which I pretty much already have), and Joshua 1:8 which sure sounds familiar.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Would you mind posting your verses?

Risan said...

Luke 6:1-11

Luke 6:5 (NASB) "And He was saying to them, 'The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.' "