Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Outdoors

This January has seemed pretty warm to me. I don't know about anyone else, but I really want to be outside more and more.

I have less desire to play video games and more desire to go camping, hiking, biking, or even just go out for a walk. Speaking of walking, I went for a nice walk to Wal-mart with the kids. I received some pretty good looks. I had Katie in a stroller, and David in the baby backpack. I can understand this looking pretty humorous. But we had a good time. I wasn't able to fit all the groceries I needed, but I was able to get most of them on the stroller.

A challenging song that I have been thinking of recently is "What if I Give All" by Ray Boltz.

My struggle with this is I'm not sure where planning fits in. We have a few thousand dollars just sitting around waiting to replace our air conditioning system because it is so old. Does God want me to give that money instead of just letting it sit? What about projects I'm thinking of doing? I'm thinking of building a third car garage onto the house, would it be better to abandon my wishes (Luke 9:23) ? Probably. I guess I shouldn't mess with that project. We really do have so much stuff around here, and I'm betting anyone reading this could say the same.

I'm thinking I need to take a good look at my possession and try to eliminate all the clutter. I could sell it and give the money away.


For those who are interested you need to have Luke 9:62 memorized today.
And Jesus said to him, "No one, after putting his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." Luke 9:62

Corrections:
But Jesus said to him - not bad, just the "And" should be "But".

1 comment:

Ben said...

We've had unusually warm weather also and have taken advantage of it. This past weekend we got Benjamin up to the park twice! He loved playing on the slides and swings. He even wanted to scale the climbing wall.