Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Going Around Sick

Is it terribly rude and inconsiderate to go to work with a cold? I thought I was getting over it, but I still blow my nose and have a sore throat. It started last Thursday, so it has almost been a week, and I have worked Monday and Tuesday. I hope I haven't gotten anyone sick. But should I take off work? I'm still able to get work done, I just don't want to make everyone sick. I don't have a whole lot of interaction with others, so I would hope this limits any exposure.

The reason I go to work is that I have been off so long, well that was the reason, but now that I have gone to work I feel I continue to show up so I don't have to spend vacation days.

On a slightly different note, we have a leadership orientation class at church this evening and I really want to go to that, even though we are thinking we might not do the class this go around since we are so busy with the kids. Would it still be worth going to if we are possibly contagious?

2 comments:

Brenda Liniger said...

That is a tough question,,,,while you feel up to work others might have a weaker immune system and might not be able to fight off the cold you have. I would say just be diligent in washing hands and keeping a sanitized area.

Ben said...

I think it's okay if you are courteous about it. Warn those who come talk to you, wash your hands OFTEN, use lysol around your desk, and keep to yourself to avoid spreading. I don't imagine you are still contageous 1 week after it hit you.

Just my $0.02