Thursday, July 16, 2009

Variables in Life

Establishing good habits is great and all, but there are some variables that make it difficult. The variable that I find the hardest is children. There naps aren't really consistent, but more of a general time. You put them to bed, and hope they go to sleep. Then you hope they don't wake you up in the morning. These things aren't that common, and maybe if they were common it would be easier to work around.

The weather is also an interesting variable. This morning it is raining, but I was pretty sure it would be, so I was pretty much planning on driving instead of riding to work today. Though with the rain came a drop in temperature, so it is a little sad I'm not riding in the cooler weather.

Well, speaking of kids, I hear by baby girl, so I should probably go get her.

What are some variables that make good habits difficult for you? Or what excuses do you use to get out of your workout?

2 comments:

Ben said...

No excuses for me regarding missing workouts, but I have an unusual set up at work with a 24 hour fitness center in my building. If I was unable to go before work or at lunch, then I agree that family obligations and time would interfere. Desire to be with family effects my competitive desires with Ironman and competitive bodybuilding because of the time commitments.

Good luck little brother.

Angie said...

I can definitely see how kids would affect your schedule. My excuses include "I"m hungry" (which leads to "I'll go after I eat something" which leads to "Oops, forgot" or "It's too late now"), "I've had a bad day," and "I haven't even too many calories today, so I don't need to." Although lately, I've been more like Ben-- no excuses.