Thursday, December 18, 2008

Slacking off on Memory Verses

Not sure why I have started slacking off. Things haven't really gotten that much busier. But moving on.

Obedience to God, Rom 12:1 and John 14:21

Use the first two days of the week to memorize Romans 12:1 and the next two days for learning John 14:21, then review both the rest of the week. Also, each day of the week review the first two verses learned. 2 Cor 5:17 and Gal 2:20

Romans 12:1 Read the context of Romans 11:32 - 12:2
questions to ask while learning the verse:
What is the right motivation for yielding ourselves to God?
What is sacrifice?
What is worship?

This is pretty much all taken from the Topical Memory System. I feel I need to reference it because most is a direct quote.

Obedience to God
Romans 12:1
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship."
Romans 12:1

For some reason I don't actually have a lot to say myself, so have fun with the homework.

No comments: