Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hobbies

So I was thinking about how much time we have and how we fill it with different hobbies. I was thinking about getting more into athletics, but the time requirement is pretty high. I spend a good chunk of time playing games that I have thought about cutting out. But this morning it occurred to me. I need to make sure I'm serving God in all I do. So am I doing so in my hobbies. Video games are typically a big waste of money and time, but there is something gained from athletics (besides the injuries).

Just something I thought worth noting. Is what I do beneficial to God?
Some may counter and say they need their own personal time to unwind and reflect, but I don't think that is the case. But what about burn out? Well, I think that has more to do with over doing it, and less with actually doing what God desires of you.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Good post Bobby. I agree about glorying God with our hobbies and our free time. Some like games, movies, TV, exercise, cars, etc...in all you do, do it for God's glory. I personally like exercise and see my abilities as a gift from God and by developing myself I glorify Him.