Friday, August 22, 2008

Get organized Part 1.5: Timing

So I realized this morning that I missed an important aspect of getting organized.

I don't know about everyone else, but I have a strange natural ability to clean. For some reason when I procrastinate I typically try to do other productive things. So if I'm trying to avoid something I will do something like clean house as procrastination. Another timing aspect that may be more common is just to go on some sort of kick where you feel like cleaning house. Sometimes I ignore this and do something else, but in reality I shouldn't. Cleaning house isn't bad if I feel like doing it.

I say cleaning, but I rarely have a desire to clean, it is to de-clutter/organize. I rarely want to scrub anything, but I like moving things around or trashing stuff and making a visible difference.

This morning I did a bunch of organizing, and I found the timing worked out well. For some strange reason my son woke up early. Well, organizing the house with him can be slightly challenging. You have to be fast. Over all though, it is a great time to organize the house. He enjoys going to the different rooms and exploring and watching me. He follows me around pretty well. I can enjoy this because I am fast and having him adds a bit of a challenge. Another note to mention is that even if I am just cleaning up after him it is better than just sitting around doing nothing. At least to me it is. I don't really like to sit and be bored.

So there it is. My comments on timing. So let's review. Good times are when you feel like it; with a toddler; and that is it. Not much to work with, but hey I'm a guy and somehow it seems to get done occasionally. Maybe not as often as it should.

And in case you are wondering and haven't realized it yet this entire post is because I have a get organize kick that I am working with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it will be very interesting where you go with this.

Dad