Monday, August 4, 2008

A bit on health and some wisdom

So I was reading in 1 Corinthians last night and it really stood out how Paul says that he did not come with "superiority of speech or of wisdom" (1 Cor 2:1). What he did was what any of us can do, "For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified." (1 Cor 2:2)

That really is the core issue that needs to be addressed, not the other matters. Later on Paul speaks of feeding the Christians in Corinth milk instead of meat because they can't handle it. So why is it that I get into debates about meatier matters when we don't get the easy stuff. When dealing with non Christians especially, why debate the more difficult issues when they haven't accepted the core concept.

On the health and unrelated note, I have been having some strange health issues that are simply annoying. For now it doesn't seem to be of significance, but I often ask God why, and then I look forward to getting the answer, because I'm sure I'll get the answer. It could be something as simple as gaining empathy for someone else, but I'm excited to see how God can use this.

No comments: