Saturday, February 21, 2009

New temptation

Well, maybe not what some expect. But for no good reason I am interested in this bike. Not sure why I want this, but it is a good price and looks to be a nice bike. For now my road bike is fine, but for some reason I'm interested in a new one. For the record, the bike is the allant

The Soho is also interesting. It is about twice the price, but has a belt drive system and internal gear hub on the rear.

So today I had some time during the kids naps to play with my bike. Noticed I had two teeth broken on the front middle gear. All the other gears were starting to show a little bit of wear. I lubed it and tuned the derailleurs. Not very good at it yet, it took me some time and I'm not sure if I even improved anything.

But back to the trek bike. Looks nice right? I think a lot of the temptation is fenders. I looked and asked around and it seems my bike won't fit any fenders. I'm not even sure if I need fenders. I don't really plan to ride in the rain. I also like the idea of having a rack on the back, but again I don't know if I would even use it. I think the only valid desire for it is a more comfortable ride.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Looks comfy! I have an FX Trek bike...'08 model, it's a fitness hybrid, not as comfy, but it's pretty fast. Brenda has on of those comfy Trek hybrids and she likes it.