Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving is coming

Well, now that I think more about it, I should have chosen a more appropriate memory verse than Romans 14:12. Thanksgiving Holiday is great. You don't have to mess with gifts (shopping, purchasing, wrapping, delivering), but you get to meet with family and have a relaxing time. I do think too many people put too much effort into the food preparation, but I'm not too sure how to fix that. Well, I've run out of time, so I'll make this entry short. We got some lights up on the house and plan to do the big decorating for Christmas after Thanksgiving, but part of me thinks due to this Thanksgiving is being lost in the business of preparation for Christmas.

Judgement
Romans 14:12
"So then, each of us is to give an account of himself to God."
Rom 14:12

1 comment:

Brenda Liniger said...

I totally agree that Thanksgiving gets over looked too often and no one really takes the time to appreciate the day and it's meaning.