Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A simple update

Well, things have been really busy. May was a crazy month, so crazy that events leaked over into June. Basically May was too crammed full of stuff that we started scheduling things in June just to spread all the events out. But that doesn't mean it is too much. I'm enjoying how things are going.

Planning on finally getting out and going camping with a couple other guys this weekend. Julie and David are out of town this week, so I have a big list of projects that should keep me busy. I decided I should start with the project that has some pay back.

For my birthday I got several Lowe's gift cards and some coupons for $10 off purchase of $50 or more. Well, last night I used it all and then added about $80 of my own money to get all the materials I would need for putting a floor/path in my attic. My attic currently has 2x4 beams in it, so if I just floor that my insulation value is going to be really low. So I bought over 100ft of 2x6 beams to place perpendicular to the 2x4's. I just plan to run a 4ft path from my garage area all the way to the other side of the house. So I got the lumber, plywood, and insulation. Now that I'm writing this I realize I forgot the brackets. Maybe I won't need them, I'm not sure. But I have a lot of work ahead of me. I should ask some friends and find out if I can borrow a compressor and nail gun, that would make this project easier.

Well, I don't really have a whole lot to say. In more important areas of my life my quiet time has been pretty weak. I'm at least still doing my evening reading which seems strange without Julie. Hopefully once I get some of these projects under control I can relax more. I need to take some time out just for silence and solitude. If you don't know what that is, I suggest you pick up the book "So You Want to be Like Christ" by Charles Swindol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Call me when you need help with that