Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What's Next?

Discipleship for Leadership finished with class on Wednesday. Now that class is over, I need to stay on top of scripture memory. I need to continue to review what I have learned, and add to it. I also need to apply what I learned, and an opportunity has presented itself. Not a happy one, but one of great need. Rick died May 29th. Rick is a member of my mini-church, so now we have his wife and six kids that are still here coping with what has happened.

Some of the ideas I have:
*Create a website to help track needs and volunteers.
*Take care of their maintenance (Lawn, car, home) for them.
*Help with chauffeuring the kids.

The funeral is this Wednesday, and I haven't gotten much done. I need to make this happen, but I'm not too sure how. My main concern is that to implement this is going to require work from the family, and it doesn't seem right to try and help but end up giving them a small burden.

I probably just need to try and be available. Maybe set up an evening where we can go over there and do whatever is needed, or get an idea of what is needed.

No comments: