Sunday, March 22, 2009

Project update


As stated earlier, I have some pics. The first pic is the step stool I'm making for him. I painted the inside blue, but I think I will go with white or a cream color so it is easier to see inside. The two pieces on the side are the tops that will be attached with hinges.




This next pic is an overview of the project. Moved my car outside to make room for all the material. You can also see my bike in the background that I added some reflective tape to.

Just some basic tools laying around. Miter saw, circular saw, jigsaw. The drill is in barely in the shot on the left. My other drill charger died, so I have to drill and screw with the same unit, which takes way too much time. I thought about buying another one to make things faster. But dad is planning on helping me out next weekend and will bring a drill.

The other pics are just a closer look at the two pieces I have so far.

The big thing on the left is the front of the ark. I think it is looking decent. I still need to add rails and a platform for it.

The big box on the right is the back end. I've started putting in the steps up to the second level. I have the rails here, and I still need to put the top caps on the rails. It has a platform, but it isn't screwed down yet. I decided the opening for the stairs should be a trap door so David doesn't accidentally fall down them.

The two main pieces will be connected with a sheet of OSB on the front that will have a 3ft x 3ft door that I plan to also hinge as a sort of ramp. I still need to cut some windows in the side of everything. I'll also make the top bunk between the front and back, this will be bigger than a mattress, 4ft wide and 7ft long. I plan to build a small cabin on the front of the expanse. The cabin will probably only be 4ft long. I think I have to go 3ft tall, otherwise I hit the ceiling when I try to put it in his room.

Okay, I now have a new respect for those with pics. It takes time to upload them, and then to get the formatting right.

No comments: