Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sound Doctrine

I would encourage everyone to read Titus chapter 2.  Then count how many times it speaks of doctrine.   I count three (NASB).  For a short little chapter it seems to be a popular word.

This is one of those chapters I find difficult because I see how much improvement needs to be made in my life.  I'm currently working on improving my knowledge and understanding of doctrine/theology/The Word of God.  Man has really made up some big words(Justification, dispensationalism) to capture some of the points.  

This chapter is nice, I think I like it because it is so short and to the point.  I could just see it as a nice power point presentation.  It is hard to imagine what it was like 1000 years ago when people just listened to someone else's interpretation of the bible and didn't actually read it themselves.  Then I have to ask myself how some of these people could handle the truth in God's word with such disgrace by warping and twisting the meaning to control people.  

No comments: