Thursday, October 2, 2008

Journal update

So you get to be graced with a double post.  I thought of making it just one post, but they really don't relate at all.  Of course I'm beginning to think that I do this just for me and people don't really read, which is fine.  I really am doing this for myself.  I wanted to do a journal and have been failing.

Katie has been growing really well.  I am surprised to see how much bigger she already is.  I still am amazed sometimes by having two children.  I'm really not sure how Julie gets through the day.  
David still isn't talking.  This is disappointing, because with Katie here it takes longer to figure out what he wants than it should.  I just need to do my part and work with him on it.  

I've started really biking to work now.  It isn't much, but it is fun and I like to think it is helping.  But since my trip is only 5mi it isn't that much in savings, but at least I get some exercise finally.  I've been needing to excercise, and now with Ben going back to body building I feel I should try to get some strength training in sometime.  For strength training I try to just use David.  He likes being tossed around and I like spending time with him where he isn't an "interference" to what I'm trying to do.  

Life is getting busy.  Impact (Bible study) classes started at the church.  Julie and I are taking the advanced doctrine class on Bible interpretation.  It is a very interesting class, but a little disturbing how the Bible has been translated in the past.  The alagorical method and neo orthoxy method are incredibly strange.  But I'm amazed at most of the methods how they look over what the text is actually saying to try and explain away things they don't understand.  

With life being so busy, part of that is still due to Katie's newness.  Family and friends have been visiting, we have a baby shower this weekend.  But it looks to be calming down some.  It will be nice to have a weekend again.  

On another note, I have been too busy to mow the lawn and then Julie surprised me by mowing it herself on Tuesday.  Now she is a little sore, but I am very grateful to her.  

That is it for me, time to get some breakfast.

No comments: