Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Some Small Things are Key

So I just stared 1 Kings. Well, I found the first 18 verses to be pretty impressive. We did the story of Samuel for the four year old class a church a couple months ago, but I don't remember teaching them one important part of it.

Quick background, Hannah wanted a child, but hasn't had one. She is really sad and won't eat sometimes because she is so sad.
So, she prays and makes her petition known.
Now comes the part I think we skipped over in class. Verse 18 "So the woman went her way and ate, and her face was no longer sad." She doesn't have a child yet, but she is already happy. The lesson for the children was that when she got her baby she was happy, but this is totally different. She was happy before she had her answer. She spoke to God and then trusted Him. Now I'm curious how she would have been if she didn't have a son.

1 comment:

Angie said...

That seems like an important detail.