Monday, August 3, 2009

Good Link

http://www.bikingbis.com/blog/_archives/2009/8/2/4275318.html

Talks about bike fit.

On a different note: On Thursday my car had a problem. On my way home, I shifted from 3rd to 4th and the stick shift went loose. Pulled in to a neighborhood, and some guys that were standing outside a house talking ended up helping me out. Took off the center console and found the connection between the stick and the cable broke. Did lots of searching online and couldn't find anything. Called Saturn about the problem and finally found the part is called a "shifter bushing". Well, Saturn sells the part for $40, but the part is on back order, so they can sell me the cable too for $220, and they will install it for $500. I think this is because to replace the cable you have to get to the transmission which requires more labor. Did some more searching online and found NAPA has the part for $20. Called O'Rielly's because they are closer, and they sell it for $25 but the one nearby doesn't have it in stock, but a couple others farther away do. So I went to NAPA, bought the part, installed the part in about 5-10 minutes. Shifted the gears great, and drove to work this morning.

Lesson from this: DON'T USE A DEALER. Useful for information, but their pricing is wrong.

But really, the bike fit link is pretty cool. Now I want to go home and see how my bike fits.

No comments: