Thursday, April 30, 2009

Being involved is work

So I'm trying to figure out how I can be more involved in the church, and how to encourage others. Part of me wants to help out with the nursery just because there is such a need for workers there, but I feel I would enjoy working with the youth as a small group leader more.

All of this is pretty easy, but how do you get others to care? Why do people feel that participation in a baseball league is more important than equipping other believers with the knowledge of the Son of God. We are called to serve, not play sports.

Families seem so busy. I guess not only family but just people in general. It seems if we don't have something going on we are instantly bored. But at the same time you constantly hear about people needing more time to get things done.

So what can we do?

1 comment:

Ben said...

BALANCE is the key for most. It's also dependent on the person....for example, I'm a type A person, I like to do stuff, be involved and get things done. I usually do not struggle with having too much to do, I embrace it. But many aren't this way, I find it difficult to be involved.

Bottom line - you must prioritize opportunities and do what's important first